My goal is conducting business valuations, including equipment and hard asset appraisals.
- Worked with the I-CORPS program by assisting local entrepreneurs and Texas State University students as they learned to validate their primary and secondary markets.
- Taught undergraduate course MGT 4350 Business Planning at Texas State University.
- Advised students in Dr. Jana Minifie’s consulting class Integrative Field Project (MGT 4353) and Problems in Business Administration (MGT5333). I connected teams with SBDC businesses.
- Mentored MBA students in Dr. Dennis Smart’s Capstone (MGT 5395) class as they researched solutions to SBDC clients’ problems.
- Coordinated, planned and taught Profit Mastery® to business owners.
- Administered interest inventory to college students that matched their interest with the careers listed in the Dictionary of Occupational Titles.
- Advised and counseled at-risk high school students into pursuing higher educational experiences.
- Built trusting relationships with business owners of small, medium, and large entities.
- Assisted business owners by assessing their business model and underlying systems.
- Worked with business owners in creating strategies to improve their business’ performance.
- Within a 12-month period, built and maintained relationships with over 230 small businesses. (The SBDC defines a small business as an entity with up to 500 employees and/or a maximum of $5 million in gross revenue).
- Planned and conducted meetings between Economic Development Officials and local business owners.
- Coordinated and managed the Texas Governor’s Small Business workshop.
- Coordinated and delivered Comprehensive Marketing Strategy at the Women’s Entrepreneurship Week at Texas State University, fall of 2019.
- Coordinated, planned and delivered Strategic Marketing workshop during evening hours.
- Judged and Mentored ESTEAM Academy’s children’s business fair on April 9, 2022.
- Certified Business Appraiser, ISBA
- Maintained a private practice; developed a client base by networking with stakeholders and cold calling potential clients.
- Analyzed cash flow position, and managed case workload.
- Provided export advisement for domestic and international businesses in EU and various countries.
- Background in analyzing and documenting mortgage loan packages using ratio analysis, credit scores, verified income requirement, cash on hand, and proof of employment.
July 2012 - Present
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER, Certified Business Advisor IV, TEXAS STATE UNIVERSTY, San Marcos and Round Rock,TX
Jan. 2018 - Dec. 2018
DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT, Lecturer, TEXAS STATE UNIVERSTY, San Marcos,TX
Jan. 2010 - April 2012
BLUEBONNET TRAILS COMMUNITY SERVICES, Case Manager / Crisis Counselor, Georgetown,TX
June 2003 - Dec. 2009
WILLIAM THOMPSON, LPC-SELF-EMPLOYED, Licensed Professional Counselor, Austin, TX
Aug. 2000 - May 2003
INTERVENTION SERVICES UNLIMITED, Counselor Alternative Campus/Georgetown Alternative Program, Georgetown,TX
Business Certified Appraiser - Aug. 2021
International Society of Business Appraisers
Master of Science, Economic Development and Entrepreneurship - Dec. 2017
School of Business Administration (AACSB International)
University of Houston-Victoria, Victoria,TX.
Master of Education, School Psychology - May 1996
Texas State University, San Marcus,TX
Member of PSI CHI, The National Honor Society in Psychology
Bachelor of Business Administration - Dec. 1980
Texas State University, San Marcos,TX
Licensed Professional Counselor - Dec. 2001
University of North Texas, Denton,TX
- Institute of Equipment Valuation
- Texas Association of Business Brokers
- Small Business Institute
- Mid-America Lenders Conference
- Central Texas Association of Government Guaranteed Lender
- Texas Rural Challenge